Saturday, March 17, 2007

Welcome to the COLORS of NYC!

You have stumbled upon the blog site of a collaborative exhibit/event exploring the representations and meanings of race in urban societies today. Colors of New York City examines COLOR through photographs, audio recordings, Super-8 films, poems and performance. This blog provides information about the event and its collaborators. View eVite.

We invite you to participate in the Colors of New York City on March 28th, 2007. The show is free and open to all! It will take place at Chashama, 217 East 42nd Street (between 2nd and 3rd Avenues), from 5 to 9pm. Please see below for program details.

Directions - From Grand Central Station, walk 1 block east on 42nd Street to 3rd Avenue. Continue another 1/2 block east on 42nd Street to 217 East 42nd Street. Chashama is a ground-level store front on the north side of 42nd Street. Map

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited about this opportunity. To be a part of something so amazing has worked wonders for a lot of us. Only Jen's energy and enthusiasm brought this to realization. I would have never dared think of my work as art. Documenting my old neighborhood was an awakening of myself and an experience I will not forget. I feel ten feet tall. No, make that 20.
Thanks. TL